Dubai has some really good places to take your bike to get serviced or fixed, Revolution, Wolfies and Adventure HQ to name a few. however there is a cost and time inconvenience factor of having to book it in, take it to the shop, then pick it up when serviced.
As a big believer in self-help, most of the the service needs for a bike, can be easily learned. Youtube is truly an amazing resource for this, as there are some truly informative video’s on how to service and repair your bike.
Here are a list of some of the most useful, along with some comments. If you have any mechanical aptitude, we would recommend you give it a go, as it is amazing how liberating it is when you can register your own gears, or take apart your bottom bracket to solve a squeak.
- Building your mail order bike from a box
- Fixing a puncture
- Adjusting your rear derailleur and registering your gears.
- Cain maintenance and replacement
- Adjusting your headset and stem
- Solving squeaks and rattles