Although a new ruling in Dubai makes it illegal to ride on any road with a speed limit above 60kph, we are blessed with some great bike tracks and venues. Building of a new cycle path from Meydan all the way out to Al Qudra is well underway and is planned to be completed by the end of summer 2015
Have a look at the individual pages to see details of the Meydan, AL Qudra and Autodrome rides and venues.
DUBAI CYCLING CLUBS AND GROUPS
- Cycle Safe Dubai is arguably one of the best places for new cyclists to start, well organised rides, supported by friendly, genuine enthusiasts. Sign up for their free weekly newsletter or join the CSD club and do there famous Saturday morning Bab al Shams breakfast run. 31kms to breakfast, then 31kms to burn off the croissants on the way home.
- Dubai Roadsters, this group is organised and managed by Wolfi’s Bike Shop. This group caters for all abilities, from newbies right through to advanced level cyclists. The group organises weekly rides, training sessions and trips abroad for its members.
- Revolution Cycles Dubai not only sells a range of bikes and equipment but also hosts more events than any other bike shop in the UAE, giving cyclists more reasons to peddle. Free. Wednesdays, 6pm-9pm, Dubai Autodrome, (this is an open session for public use so users can run walk or jog as well as cycle around the track).
- For ladies look on our Velo Vixens page, they organise rides a couple of times a week.
- Emirates Road Cycling Club for Emirates Airline Staff, which offers great chances to ride with others and if you sign up, a free set of great quality cycling gear.
- Cyclists are banned from riding on major roads
- Cyclists found riding on roads with speed limits of more than 60kph face fines of up to AED 600
- That fine will be doubled for a second offence in the same year
- Authorities have the right to impound a bike for a month if repeated
- AED 300 fine will be imposed on those that ride in a way that endangers pedestrians/other cyclists
- If found cycling on a track dedicated only for pedestrians, fined AED 200
- Those carrying a passenger on a bike not designed for two will be fined AED 200